Who we are
Give&TakeCare (G&TC) is a Community Interest Company, based at Brunel University London. The G&TC project is funded by Innovate UK, the government’s Innovation Agency for our initial term.
Our aims are:
- To promote person-centred care for older adults (60+) in local communities
- Alleviate issues of loneliness and isolation
- Improve the prospects of care for future generations
- Reduce the ongoing care crisis by expanding the project across the UK
What is Give&TakeCare
- Give&TakeCare (G&TC) is a Community Interest Company time-banking scheme. The G&TC project was set up to address aspects of the elderly care crisis in the UK.
- G&TC is a form of time-banking: volunteers providing befriending support now, can bank those hours to use later in life
- Alternatively, saved hours can be donated to others
- G&TC offers volunteer befriending care for older adults (normally 60+) in the local community
- The scheme is also available to those involved in existing family care arrangements
- G&TC offers the scheme through charities because we want to work with organisations already present in the community and with knowledge of volunteering services
- The scheme consists of those who give care CareGivers (18+), and older adults (60+) in receipt of care, One can be a CareGiver and a CareReceiver at the same time
- Both CareGivers and CareReceivers on the scheme are referred to as Partners