We are working to collaborate with age/care-related charities to offer the Care Savings Account to those who volunteer for and use befriending services. We can implement the scheme with charities who have an existing befriending service, or we can work with them to set up a G&TC befriending scheme.
Key points for prospective associate charities:
- We are asking relevant charities to work with us to trial and evaluate the scheme.
- We are currently funded by Innovate UK, to prove the concept (until February 2018) – but we are seeking further funding to continue beyond this.
- We believe this long-term time-banking initiative can be successful with sufficient numbers taking part and more people encouraged to befriend older adults.
- We are passionate about the G&TC concept and believe it can be a real solution to aspects of the care crisis.
- We are demonstrating the benefits of G&TC in our pilot areas.
- Our long-term business plan commitment is for the scheme to generate additional income for charities, as we intend to redistribute proportions of the administration fees back to charities.
If you are an age or care-related charity and interested in collaborating with us to deliver the scheme, please contact us.
We support the running of each Locality by:
- Funding a full-time Locality Manager (volunteer co-ordinator) at the charity premises.
- Providing the G&TC bespoke IT database: registers and matches all CareGivers and CareReceivers (based on skills/needs, availability and proximity), logs the hours of GATs exchanged and generates reminders and reports.
- Providing additional office equipment to support the Locality Manager role.
- Providing all marketing activities.
- Providing support with marketing activities if required.
We also offer the scheme to family carers once they sign up with associate charities. See Family Carers to find out more.